Our financial planning firm, Acorn Financial Services (AFS), is required by law to inform our clients of the policies regarding privacy of client information. We respect your right to privacy, understanding the importance you place on the privacy and security of information.
AFS collects nonpublic personal information about you that is provided by you or obtained by us with your authorization. Your submittal of information to Acorn Financial Services ensures the following:
- We will protect the confidentiality of any personal information you give to us.
- Information will be maintained in a secure environment.
- If certain circumstances warrant the disclosure of information, we will do so only if given permission by you.
- AFS does not disclose any nonpublic personal information obtained in the course of our practice except as required by law. Financial regulatory agencies [our broker-dealer, the Financial Industry Regulatory Authority (FINRA), and the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC)] have limited access to client information to ensure investors are protected and to make sure all federal securities laws are practiced and followed.
- You can be assured that we will not offer your information to outside parties that would conduct offers of products, services, contests, sweepstakes, and promotions (i.e., Spam).
- We continue to evaluate our efforts to protect personal information and make every effort to keep this information accurate and up to date.
Procedures for Opening and Maintaining an Account
To help the government fight the funding of terrorism and money laundering activities, Federal law requires all financial institutions to obtain, verify, and record information that identifies each person who opens an account. We have adopted a customer identification programs requiring us to: (1) verify the identity of any person seeking to open an account; (2) maintain records of the information used to verify identity; and (3) consult government known or suspected terrorist lists to determine whether the client appears on any such list.
What this means for you: When you open an account, we will ask for your name, address, date of birth and other information that will allow us to identify you. For an individual, we require a copy of an unexpired government-issued identification evidencing nationality or residence and bearing a photograph or similar safeguard, such as a driver’s license or passport. In addition, for a person other than an individual (such as a corporation, partnership or trust), documents showing the existence of the entity; such as certified articles of incorporation, a government-issued business license, a partnership agreement, a death certificate, or trust instrument.
The information on this website is to be used for informational purposes only. This website is not intended to replace financial advice or planning. Links to other internet addresses are provided as a convenience; Acorn Financial Services does not verify, certify, control, or endorse information contained on other websites.